Small countries tend to poses smaller armies. But Israel has three times more soldiers per thousand inhabitants than Saudi Arabia, and almost doubles Jordan in relative terms. At the same time, Gulf countries spend significantly more on their military than the rest. More soldiers. More money. How the region’s countries compare in terms of relative militarization?
- The MENA NWFZ: 44 Years Old Dream… Postponed Again
- Regionalism and Beyond: Mapping Regional and International Organizations in the MENA
- The Regional Dimension of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Signatories to Multilateral Arms Control Treaties and Agreements
- Islamist Parties Performance in Elections Since 2011